Saturday, December 01, 2007

Jade the Cat


I am learning to express where I am and what I am experiencing in this moment. While these sketches might not be glamorous, I was totally present in the moment. That is a worthwhile accomplishment!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the simplicity of these pieces (Jade and the aspens). There is something about their matter-of-fact approach that is very calming.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

It's not about being great, it's about what your art does for you. I've found that when I'm painting or drawing I AM fully present in the moment. If I'm stressed or angry about something, if I can get myself to paint or draw, it removes me from those other feelings, gives my mind time to refocus. I lke these, by the way. They are clean and simple.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is enchanting! It reminds me a bit of John Porcellino's ( http://www.king-cat.net/ ) drawings.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home