Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Unknown Yellow Flower


This is an unknown yellow flower I saw while hiking. I tried to look it up in identification books. The closest I could come was ragwort, but I don't think that is correct. Drawn with pen and watercolor (pencil sketch in field).

5 Comments:

Blogger Jan Allsopp said...

The world you inhabit is soooo far removed from my sub-tropical coastal Australian life! Very interesting. I love all your sketches. This one of the flower seems to live up to your "Sketching the Essence" creed 100%!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

These sketches are all great fun to look at. You have a nice way with on-the-spot, outdoor stuff.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your sketches. This one in particular is great fun. It makes me think of really funky art book covers. Wicked!
Cheers!
Mary Ellen

4:52 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

You silpped in some new posts that I missed! I like this, isn't "in the field" drawing fun? It just feels so spontaneous! Very Nice!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, very "clean." I can see you getting your sketches published in an herb identification book or something like that. Keep at it!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home