Attempting to push myself towards more value sketches with pen (see "The Beginning"). I worked for a while on the draping fabric and the case on the left, while the other bookcases remain unfinished.
Jennafer - this looks great! I can see the folds in the drapes and almost feel the texture of the bookcase. For me, it's a struggle --but gee, you've made huge strides in very little time. p.s. - are those the Flatirons in your sketch at the top of the blog? How did you get your own picture in the heading???
Hi Jennifer. Am I ever impressed. The hand is quite something for a first attempt. You are really seeing what you look at. You inspire me and I am really trying to stick with the practice of a daily calendar sketch. Does it ever call me to be present!
6 Comments:
Jennafer - this looks great! I can see the folds in the drapes and almost feel the texture of the bookcase. For me, it's a struggle --but gee, you've made huge strides in very little time.
p.s. - are those the Flatirons in your sketch at the top of the blog?
How did you get your own picture in the heading???
Congrats on your new blog
Looks like you are getting a handle on crosshatching to show value. The calendar posts look fun....... Like that you used a sketch in your header!
VERY VERY GOOD! I find value sketching -- even with pencil -- exceeding difficult -- and here you've achieved it with PEN!!
Great job Jennafer! I also like your calendars.
I like the values of this drawing, from dark to white.
Hi Jennifer. Am I ever impressed. The hand is quite something for a first attempt. You are really seeing what you look at. You inspire me and I am really trying to stick with the practice of a daily calendar sketch. Does it ever call me to be present!
Post a Comment
<< Home